Celebrate Parramatta’s birthday under the jacaranda trees in the picturesque North Parramatta Heritage Precinct with live music including Parravision, market stalls, games, displays, tours, workshops and food.
- Free family activities - Horse and cart rides, colonial era games and lawn games, hands-on art and crafts, weaving, pottery, peg-doll making, music –making, story-telling, find out about colonial brick laying, shingle roofing, indigenous toolmaking and weaving.
- Live music - Enjoy live music on stage all day including Andy Golledge band (alt-country), The Vegetable Plot (music for children) and the Parravision talent contest auditions.
- Market stalls - Selected hand-made natural products to buy – beeswax candles, body-care products, jams, honey, jewellery and ceramics.
- Great food - Gatehouse Tea Rooms’ Devonshire Tea, Waroo Lamb, Cool Delights' ice-cream, Retro Rosie's milkshakes and coffee, Koshari Korner’s Egyptian vegetarian street food and more.
- Plus - Parramatta Men’s Shed Open Day, audio tour of the Female Factory grounds, Citroen classic cars display, Lancer’s Museum military vehicles, stonemasonry, pickling, beekeepers’ display, solar telescope viewing, natural dye and embroidery workshops.
BYO picnic rug and enjoy the family fun festivities!
Public transport - Free Parramatta Shuttle (aka The Loop) every 10 minutes from 10 stops including Parramatta Wharf Centenary Square and Prince Alfred Park. Alight at the Parramatta Leagues Club and take a 10-minute stroll through the Heritage Precinct to the Foundation Day event site.
Drive or cycle - From Fleet Street North Parramatta turn into the little road heading North West for 100 metres to the Fleet Street Heritage Precinct. Bicycle Valets will look after your bike and do free bike check-ups. Limited parking is available within the precinct.