This time of year our Instagram feeds would normally be filled with pictures from friends and family on their European summer holidays. COVID might have put a hold on overseas adventures for now but the good news is we can still experience Mediterranean food, drinks and good times vibes. All in the heart of Parramatta.
Today the much-loved ALEX&Co bar and restaurant unveiled their newly renovated venue. Their fresh new look, flavours, rooms and tunes will transport you to your dream European destination and make armchair travellers of us all.
Head on down to ALEX&Co on Church Street, next to Parramatta River and check out these 5 exciting new things.
1. New European interior design
From Parramatta to Santorini, who doesn’t love a good makeover? Keeping their distinctive Parramatta vibe – cosmopolitan, playful, stylish and individual – ALEX&Co’s new interior designs are bringing some Insta-worthy European holiday realness to their prime riverside venue. Think soft pastel colours, dreamy hammocks, flowers, rattan lamps and art deco chairs. The sleek new look will transport you to the azure blue seas and pristine white beaches of Greece.
2. Delicious, fresh new seasonal menus
ALEX&Co’s new chefs have been working hard to perfect the mouth-watering dishes new on the menu. To start, why not try the woodfire flatbread with sheep’s milk labneh and green chilli zhough? For your main, tuck into the organic potato gnocchi with mushroom truffle sauce and fried oyster mushrooms. For sweets, you can’t go wrong with the blackforest trifle with milk chocolate cream, sponge and cherry compote.
Keep an eye out, coming soon to ALEX&Co are Mykonos Sundays. Speciality Greek food and drinks and a live DJ from 12pm.
3. Sweet as new signature cocktail recipes
ALEX&Co have gone full-blown Willy Wonka on their signature cocktail menu, bringing some of the nation’s favourite biscuit and lolly flavours to the bar table.
Perfect for after work, pre-dinner or weekend drinks, here are 3 of their ingenious new vodka-based cocktails:
- Biscoffee Martini: Inspired by the Biscoff Lotus desserts and sweet treats trending among foodies on social media, the Biscoffee Martini is a cinnamon, nutmeg and caramel-tasting twist on the classic Espresso Martini cocktail.
- Fairy Potion: This magical new vodka-based cocktail is as light and fluffy as one of its core ingredients – fairy floss – and it tastes like a strawberry milkshake.
- One in a melon: With Sour Patch Kids lolly infused vodka and watermelon, this cocktail is truly one in a million. As the Sour Patch slogan goes, ‘Sour, sweet, gone’. Your tastebuds are in for a real treat.
Get yourself one of their happy hour $10 cocktails or $20 cocktail jugs from 3-6pm, 7 days a week.
4. New private event/dining rooms
If you’re planning an event or want an intimate dining experience, the three new elegant, sophisticated private event and dining rooms will make it an experience to remember.
5. New tunes from DJ @melissagrace.x
From coffee and cake to casual lunches, from sophisticated after-work drinks to exquisite dinners and dance floor sessions, ALEX&Co is an all-day-and-into-the-night affair. To celebrate the new launch, the talented DJ @melissagrace.x will be bringing all the freshest RNB & Hip-Hop tunes to the ALEX&Co dancefloor every Friday night.
Get the European experience and book a table at ALEX&Co.