Discover Parramatta has been curated by City of Parramatta to capture the spirit of our city as a place that people want to live, study, work, and especially, play. The City offers so much for people to enjoy, from diverse events to hidden gems, whether you’re a local, visitor or here on business.
The City of Parramatta welcomes story ideas for the Discover Parramatta website from residents, businesses, visitors and community groups. To submit your story idea, send an email to email@example.com or fill out our form here. To submit your event for the events calendar, please click here.
The stories that we publish on Discover Parramatta must:
- Contribute to a positive perception of Parramatta as a place to live, work, study and play.
- Inspire people to visit and explore the City and LGA by engaging locals and visitors from a diverse range of backgrounds to share the best of their city with the world.
- Drive community pride and demonstrate the Parramatta region’s offering within greater Sydney.
- Represent the community accurately, both within the context of other stories on the site and when potentially seen out of context (i.e. when shared on social media).
- Be suited to the tone and style of writing fitting to a content marketing platform such as Discover Parramatta.
- Be specific to the Parramatta LGA (or within reasonable distance).
- Be free from political agendas.
- Be unlikely to provoke, disrupt, attack or offend members/segments of the community.
- Not promote activities which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of community members.
- Be original and lawful (includes no breaches of copyright or defamation).
While the City of Parramatta endeavours to feature as many story suggestions as possible, meeting the above criteria does not ensure your submitted idea will feature on Discover Parramatta. All submissions are subject to final approval by City of Parramatta who reserve the right to edit all ideas and submissions.
Council is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information for publicly submitted information. Discover Parramatta is curated and apolitical in order to remain a platform for the community (both locals and visitors), not necessarily reflecting council interests or agendas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why is my business, event, idea not featured?
We have tried our best to accurately represent Parramatta however the website is not a comprehensive listing of every business, service and space within the Parramatta LGA. Discover Parramatta will grow over time and capture new, fresh and relevant elements of life in Parramatta each week with regularly published content. If you have a content idea that you believe is suited to Discover Parramatta and would like to tell us about it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form.
I am a business/service/space that hasn’t been featured. What can I do?
If you have an idea for featuring your business/service/space or something you are passionate about, we would love to hear about it. Send us an email to email@example.com or fill out this form.
My business has been listed but my details have changed. How do I provide feedback as to what has been published?
I’m a PR company or a writer with a media release or story to pitch, what should I do?
Your website doesn’t seem to be working properly. Who can I tell?
Thanks for picking up on this. Please fill out this form to let us know what the issue is and we will try and resolve it ASAP!
How do I get my business listed with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse?
If your business or service fits into one of the categories that is being pulled onto these pages (including Accommodation, Food & Drink and Tours), the City of Parramatta encourages the owner to list for free with the ATDW to ensure their data is also featured on Discover Parramatta. To do this, visit the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse website and select Register Now.
If you have any other general enquiries about the website, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.